MY PRIMARY AIM IS

TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD TO MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES IN THEIR LIVES, WHILE HAVING FUN.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A little late this week, my…

Bad, I have been busy. If you checked music.dluxthelight.com on Monday the beat of the week is "Aww Yeah!" This is a laid back joint and those who know my style from the very beginning (I'm talking before Quest for Truth) know that I love making smoothed out tracks. Soulful bass lines and emotional strings are combined with lyrical melodies (sing-able melodies) for this track. Don't get fooled by the silence, the track is not over. Check it out, music.dluxthelight.com!

Props go to Imani and the 2nd annual youth summit. It was a great event and believe it or not it was the first time I have performed in a church. I think on an unconscious level I tend to avoid churches because I don't feel Christian enough (which is fine by me). The kids were great! My up beat and up tempo style seems to be going over will with the youngsters. I plan to get these kids hooked on my style while their young and when they listen again in 15-20 years they'll actually get what I'm saying in my verses. Case in point, I'm still trying to decode "Me, Myself, and I" by De La Soul that will always be my joint since I was 12 or so. I didn't know what they were talking about but it felt good sing. As I dig into the lyrics, it makes love the song more and give 2 kudos to my inner child for having great taste.

So I'll create a new style for Portland, OR that all the kids will love, they will appreciate it, and thank themselves (and me) for it later. That's the plan!

Join the List, Join the Blog, I'm out!

DLUX:THELIGHT
music.dluxthelight.com Beat-a-week!
Dluxthelight.com


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Subscribe and be first to witness new music, poems, and more!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner