MY PRIMARY AIM IS

TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD TO MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES IN THEIR LIVES, WHILE HAVING FUN.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Forever

Download the mp3, here

Forever, I have tried to find it, define it, visualize it.
I imagined forever as a ball rolling down an endless hill and one day
I'll run forward fast enough to catch it and hold it
Show it to all my family and friends and say
Loved ones meet my forever
Forever my loved ones
Then we sit, watch sunsets, sunrises, all glossy eyed, till we died
We tried, Forever kept looking back
I tried to hold it in front of me but
Forever should not be bound by my hands nor time's
Nor counted on fingers tips, as your touch lingers on my skin
Like this flower stamp on my right wrist, from a night of dancing
Forever has a nice beat, that plays in my mind long after your voice fades
Silent thoughts whisper "I Love her" But I double dog dare not utter a word
as lips slightly prepared to inhale her air
Enchanted gazes, slow stroke through hair
Takes me places where light reveals new color
Un-witnessed in my existence
3-6-0 are the digit of degrees in which I see bliss rising inside of me
This moment has no end so forever could not begin but I feel eternity
With in a 4 second inhale of air
swells of heat waves crashed into my body
Sending me back into west African Seas, my hair locked with ease
No Bees wax needed, percussive root rhythms heeded, looked over my shoulder
And she was there
With the strength to care for nations, though chained
On her way to the plantation, not knowing what she would be facing
With the rock of the boat, shifted her place turned her face
And I was there
With the burning glares from stares of southern s(u/o)ns on my back
Where sonic boom explosions left marks like tracks cause I was born to run
All through the night, avoiding sight of southern s(u/o)ns
a voice sung, and beyond the horizon
She was there
Marching her heart out, singing over
dog barks, gun and crowd shouts
Hottest summer with drought and they still emptied fire hoses
Water burns, adding fuel to the fire, increasing desires for change
Dogs released from chains, headed her direction, towards her mid section
Shoved out of the way, fell to her behind, looks up and finds
I am there
Taking a bite…. of ice cream, wanting to enjoy her company
Thinking she looks lovely somewhat familiar, Excuse me miss, what's your name? i think I know you.
Not a line this time as Obama takes his time share of history
It was still a mystery how she was there
In my now, in my then, in my what will be
All in the same moment, flash flooding me with the bliss
Of all eras of our existence, A split second
Before lips pierced the stream of air exhaled from sighs of...
Wow!
How should I define forever now?
Download the mp3, here




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Subscribe and be first to witness new music, poems, and more!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner