MY PRIMARY AIM IS

TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD TO MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES IN THEIR LIVES, WHILE HAVING FUN.

Friday, August 28, 2009

I Love My People

I Love My People


 

Despite our ailments, predicaments,

life sentences, lost of innocence.

Despite body limps, triggers pinch, bullets miss, dead at six.

Despite our intolerable pain, crack Novocain,

ex the same, and the gang games.

We all need a little love and happiness.

Despite the doing wrong, same songs,

playing all night long, that's the jam, go on.

We do our thang.

Despite, time on the cp tilt, big talks with little movement of the hips.

Despite, our teeth, being worth enough to buy an engine of a jet fleet.

Despite, the big girls who shop in section petit.

Despite the glory given to section 8.

Hate the kinks so they press it prissy straight.

Despite those claiming hood, but don't know the hood.

Want to fix the hood, but don't know the hood.

Scared of the hood, but don't know the hood.

Despite late night fights, out of town hikes,

Get it like Spitzer, caught on cheaters by your still supportive wife

Despite gone daddy, drunk papi, aunt sally who's a clepto you know.

Despite my missing bank roll, I got from the dro,

sell to the rich and steal from the po,

to get my fix

Cause no matter what you friend tells you,

you can't get high on your own supply

Despite all the champagne in the sex room,

the young swoon having boom boom to soon.

Catching the doom,

the H.I.V. soon to be I.H.A.

I have aids no Medicaid parade to pay for Magic's prescriptions.

Despite the repetitious patterns of

single actors in the role of parent,

the lament of rights civilly gained treated with such disdain

and the tears of ancestors, that nutured the land,

the fruit being left to rot

Despite lo shouts of hi treason, the hypocrisy of the season,

the two face smiles that stab knives in backs gushing

one hundred thousand gallons of the Nile's holy spirit.

Despite prejudice, judas false judgement, cause we are not,

he, she, we, the one, the all, the alpha,

thee omega, the universe, the common spirit, Ja, God,

Haille Selasai, Jesus, Buddah, the honorable Elijah Muhammed,

the angels, seraphim, cherubim, deities,

everything and therefore nothing.

My stone drops from my hands

to be cast only upon the ground.

Despite all that ain't right with us,

I love you my people.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Subscribe and be first to witness new music, poems, and more!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner