MY PRIMARY AIM IS

TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD TO MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES IN THEIR LIVES, WHILE HAVING FUN.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I AM GREAT

I AM GREAT

I'm great! Get it! Don't twist it! Embrace it! Can't erase it!
I'm great! whether its fate or not,
if cool is the temperature then I'd be hot.
I'm great! They debate. Get irate. Start the hate parades,
celebrating year and years of hateration in the hater nation,
trying to impeach the occupation of greatness.
Wait! Rush! Hush! Speak! Stand up! Take a seat. Then repeat.
I'm great like tony the tiger cause they are frosted flakes,
with their icicle glares. Freaky like the care bears' stare.
Mommy I'm scared. That's only way to be brave, my dear. Through fear you say.

I'm great! So great, in fact, you name your children after me,
then rearrange the pronunciation because it's too much to live up to.
Right, Jesus? Si. And you say.
I'm great! And it is blasphemous to say my name
out of context of sacred paths towards the highway to heaven.
I am rock legend! And congregation shouts

I'm great! Build your house out of stick, stones, straw or whatever.
Through turbulent weather, bad wolfs, vengeful hawks,
my foundation holds any abode, a la mode, or a la carte, in your heart, you know that

I'm great! Can't spectate anymore, gotta kick in doors.
Wage war for peace of mind; defuse land mines,
planted by enemy spies. Who know I'm indestructible from perimeter attacks.
So they sneak in close, and stick doubt in like a tack.
But I am not the board. I am the wall. I am the great wall.
Graffiti tagged with portraits of my conquest over fears, jeers, jabs, and burns.
I grow. I learn. I teach. I yearn, I earn every battle mark.
My medals? My scars. For all who impugn my claim and jest from afar.
You deny, but they reply,
I'm great! I say, we are!


 

By Desmond Spann "DLUX THE LIGHT" Copyright 2009


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Subscribe and be first to witness new music, poems, and more!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner